Desktop Motor Engineer
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions, specialising in claims management and loss adjusting services. Our people are as diverse as our products and services and as varied as our clients. We believe that individuals from different backgrounds encourage a challenging team environment, a creative approach to problem solving and an interesting working environment.
At Sedgwick we pride ourselves on our professionalism and expertise, delivering a first class service which is highly rated by our clients. Dont just take our word for it; as winners at the British Insurance Awards 2018, we know what good looks like.
Our credentials depend on the strength and capability of our people and we take great care in making sure that our people are empowered and encouraged to fulfil their potential. Personal accountability, a strong customer ethos and a pride in what we do are at the heart of what we expect from our people. In return we offer great development, a friendly, caring environment and competitive remuneration package.
We have achieved significant success and were always on the lookout for talented professionals that have the same passion and commitment that we do. Whether you are an experienced adjuster with strong capability in major loss or just starting out in a career in loss adjusting, there's a place for you here.
Can you stand in our customer's shoes? Most of us know that being in a motor accident or the theft of your car can be distressing. We recognise the importance of having transport to hand and can help our valued clients in providing expert assistance in such situations.
Due to the expansion of our team an exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a Desktop Motor Engineer to support the Claims Department. Working within the Cardiff office the successful applicant must be responsible in supporting the engineering team to provide operational management of the claims spend and delivering exceptional quality of service to our customers.
Your role will be to ensure that modern day motor vehicles, which are subject to a motor accident claim, are repaired to their pre-accident condition by using the most appropriate repair methods at the correct cost, or correctly valuing and categorising vehicles if they are deemed beyond economical repair.
You will have/be:
- In depth knowledge of modern day motor vehicle repair, methodology and complexity and modern private and commercial body repair markets
- Able to Negotiate and agree correct repair methodology ensuring costs are accurate.
- You will liaise directly with customers, both internal and external, to ensure claims are fulfilled in line with the demands of each customer.
- Negotiate total loss settlements with policyholders and third party customers
- Work to agreed timescales and business parameters.
- You will have a deep understanding of the new ABI vehicle salvage categorisation Code of Practice.
- Self-motivated and capable of working on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to make independent decisions
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Accredited to ATA standards of work, or working towards accreditation.
- Experienced in vehicle construction and repair techniques
- An understanding of Bodily Injury and Liability claims
- Competent understanding of insurance principals
- Competent in the use of repair Estimating Systems (Audatex)
- Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors Corporate membership
- Corporate Membership of the Institute of the Motor Industry desired but not essential.
- Technical qualifications include serving a recognised motor trade apprenticeship and gaining C&G or NVQ level 3 in automotive engineering.
- ATA VDA Accreditation
Salary to be agreed.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org