Direct Line Group
Direct Line Group is one of the top tier motor, home and small business insurers in the UK and home to some of the nation's best-known brands: Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.
Our vision is a world where insurance is personal, inclusive and a force for good.
We help people carry on with their lives, giving them peace of mind now and in the future.
We currently have exciting opportunities to join our External Automotive Engineers and Area Network Controller teams.
External Automotive Engineer
Opportunities in Sheffield, Nottingham, Swindon, Gloucester, Andover, Newbury and London
As an external automotive engineer, you will provide an inspection service and technical support to the claim's functions, inspecting all claimants' vehicles within agreed service level timeframes.
Delivery of financial performance, meeting business and customer expectations with focus on time, effort and quality.
Adhering to Motor Fulfilment standard methodology model, delivering success through achievement of personal objectives.
Experience and skills
- Applicants must have previously worked in the automotive industry undertaking similar duties, either as a motor insurance engineer or vehicle damage assessor and having a minimum of NVQ3 in automotive repair or similar.
- ATA VDA qualifications are desirable.
- Applicants should also have a good understanding of Thatcham Escribe and Audatex software, along with good knowledge of vehicle repair techniques and motor insurance claims processes.
Area Network Controller
Covering the southern region
As a strong area network controller, you will achieve and maintain strong relationship management with the Motor Fulfillment Network and specialist suppliers to drive sustainability of the model. You will be managing supplier performance, driving financial benefits, customer satisfaction and supplier compliance. Resolving all actions resulting from Audit of Tier A, B and VMs within agreed timeframes, including the implementation and management of the appropriate action plans as the need arises.
Experience and skills
- Experience in a similar supplier management role.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is beneficial but not essential.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to work with and integrate performance metrics for underlying trends and issues.
Find out more about these opportunities and apply at