IAEA Executive Officer
Who we are
Founded in 1932, The Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors (IAEA) is an educational charity set up promote and develop for the public benefit the science of the design, manufacture and related technology of motor vehicles and the science of the repair of and risks arising from the use of road vehicles and to further public education therein.
Membership of the IAEA is determined by a combination of experience and qualifications. In addition to complying with the Institute's examination and training requirements, it is necessary for candidates applying for admission as members to have had at least two years' experience in a responsible position in the profession.
We have over 1,300 individual members in regions across the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Malta and Singapore. The IAEA is recognised as setting the 'gold-standard' for automotive engineer assessors.
We are currently seeking to recruit Chief Operating Officer (COO) on a part time basis.
United Kingdom – Remote
This role will involve occasional travel throughout the UK and some international travel may be required from time to time.
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
This is a part-time role.
- Responsible for developing the strategic aims of the institute, including:
- Overseeing the day-to-day management and development of important trustee relationships
- relationship management (engaging with industry stakeholders)
- increasing awareness of IAEA and its members
- new business development
- meeting/exceeding agreed targets.
- Developing strategic programme andmanaging the delivery of key projects
- Liaise with colleagues across teams and business lines to achieve successful outcomes.
- Presenting overview of achievements to the Board of Directors
- Represent the IAEA at Industry Events
- Deliver results against own personal and business targets.
- Relationship building and business networking
- Strong Commercial Awareness
- Project Management
- Time Management and self-organised.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously.
- Technical capability – Motor Industry Qualifications, Business Qualifications, Microsoft Office 365
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a leadership role within the Vehicle Damage Repair or Insurance Industry
- Experience in education is desirable.
- Proven track record bringing projects from ideation to fruition.
- Experience presenting to large audiences.
- IAEA Membership desirable
- Competitive Salary and Expenses